Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
Featured EAM CMMS stories revolve safety practices in the workplace and automation.
- 3 Core Elements For Effective Safety, Health Programs by U.S. Dept. of Labor, Implementing safety and health programs saves employers and the economy billions of dollars in workers’ compensation costs, reduces operating costs, increases worker engagement and provides workers a voice in the workplace.
- Siemens Demos eHighway On Autobahn; Self-Healing Rubber by Abbey Dean, In this Manufacturing Minute episode, a self-healing rubber and a closer look at Siemens’ eHighway project.
- Foxconn And Rockwell Automation Announce Partnership by Rockwell Automation, Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd., also known as Foxconn, and Rockwell Automation announced that they are collaborating to implement Connected Enterprise and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) concepts for smart manufacturing in Foxconn’s new U.S. facilities.
What’s Going on in the World of Cable?
Main cable updates revolve around streaming services for College kids becoming overwhelming, Disney’s new streaming channel, and Comcast’s breakthrough in IoT space for customers.
- Too Many Streaming Services, Say Millennials by Aditya Kishore, 57% of 18 to 29 year olds agreed that there are too many streaming services, and 42% already felt they were paying too much for them. This was despite the fact that 26% weren’t spending any money at all on these services, and the majority were subscribing to two or less.
- Comcast Solar Deal Sheds Light on IoT Aims by Mari Silbey, Comcast has dabbled in the energy and electricity market before, but through a new partnership announced today, the company is now committing to a years-long plan of cozying up to the power utility sector.
- How Comcast Is Hooking College Kids on Cable by Mari Silbey, In its annual back-to-school update, Comcast announced this morning that it’s now delivering the Xfinity on Campus TV service to more than 100 colleges and universities nationwide, an increase of nearly 60% over 2016.
- Disney, iflix Team Up to Take Down Netflix by Aditya Kishore, Malaysia-based streaming video service iflix will be launching a new “channels” feature shortly, and has announced that Walt Disney Co. will be the first content provider to use it. The Disney iflix channel will include content from Disney’s TV properties as well as Marvel and Pixar movies.
- Why AT&T May Dump Home Security Biz by Mari Silbey, Early to the home security market among ISPs, AT&T may now be looking to exit the business.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.