Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Green Building Accelerates Globally Through Economic Downturn By Heidi Schwartz, recaps a McGraw-Hill Construction report highlighting the top 5 reasons that companies are undertaking green work that now include a mission to improve the company’s bottom line.
- Managing statutory compliance By Daryl Mather, on how implementing maintenance compliance can be counter productive (although) still necessary.
- Paying for safety Posted on Plant Services raises a valid question about when to pay employees to change clothes before and after a shift.
- Comcast Picks Broadcom for Cloud-based IPTV Set-Tops By Aaron Schmidt, reports on Comcast’s recent decision to use Broadcom’s RNG-150 set-top box, which is the first to fully integrate Internet connectivity with standard digital cable.
- Sony Is Also Working On A Secret Plan To Blow Up The Cable Business By Jay Yarow, comments on Sony’s attempt to figure out how to build a virtual cable network that is distributed through the Internet.
- Cable Industry Draws Scrutiny For Putting Internet Users On A Scale By Gerry Smith, discusses what is sure to be the battle of 2013 as cable MSOs try to limit bandwidth in an effort control content distribution.
- Don’t Let Your Hotel Go Up In Flames By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., reminds hoteliers about the dangers of using and storing portable fuels that are used heating and cooking equipment.
- Running a hotel requires a meticulous eye By Stephanie Wharton, was included because it focuses on a theme that all hotels (big or small) should understand. The theme is that good hotel management pays attention to details and ensures that things get done.
- PolyU launches global competition in an effort to shape Tomorrow’s Guestrooms Media release on a competition to help set the standards for hotel rooms in the future. The competition includes design, technology and guest well-being showcases.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.