Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- A Business Leadership Lesson from the Government Shutdown By Stuart Smith. M.B.A.,M.S., discusses the role of leadership when an organization is being torn apart by opposing reward systems.
- Do we measure energy efficiency logically? By Peter Garforth, explains why current energy efficiency definitions using site meters only accounts for about half of the energy being used. He explains in addition to site meters, organizations should be factoring in source energy.
- Winter Weather Prep By Phill Sexton, presents key performance criteria and discusses snow site engineering plans for facility managers that have higher levels of risk and liability due to snow and ice.
Cable NewsIn this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Consumer Intelligence Series Video content consumption By pwc, is an in-depth survey done in June 2013 on consumer behavior with regards to cable and cable viewing trends.
- Cable is Ready for an IPv6 World. Are You? By John Solit, talks about IPv6 that will replace the current 32 bit encryption which limits the number of IP addresses to about 4 billion. The new technology, will be 128 bit and allow for trillions of unique IP addresses.
- Samsung HomeSync Set-top Box Launches on October 6 for $300 By Tim-o-tato, reviews Samsung’s newest product and its features. Samsung’s HomeSync set-top box with more features and capabilities than AppleTV but is substantially more expensive.
- Press Release Hotel Brands 2013 By ACSI, provides a list of the winners and losers for hotel brand satisfaction in 2013. Marriot tops the list with Econo Lodge and a couple of Wyndham brands at the bottom.
- Hotel Impossible – Beachfront Inn By Stuart Smith. M.B.A.,M.S., is a review of the most recent episode of Hotel Impossible featuring the Beachfront Inn and how poor financial decision making ability can come back to haunt you.
- Where Do Guests Want Your New Hotel to Be Located? By Patrick Landman, discusses why hotel location planning is critical to the success of a new hotel. He suggest several factors to be considered before a decision is to be made.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.