Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Ford’s Assembly Line Turns 100: How It Really Put the World on Wheels By Tony Swan, is a very interesting article that examines the origins of the assembly line and the impact it had not only on manufacturing but also on social change.
- FM Frequency: Best Of The Best By Charles Carpenter, CFM, looks at the different roles that the legendary Winston Churchill had and suggests he may have been the greatest facility manager to date.
- 7 Days to Better Equipment Reliability By Ricky Smith, provides an informative look at how an organization can jump start its maintenance program.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Gigabit Cities Drive Faster Cable Internet Speeds, Heavy Reading Finds Posted on lightreading.com, talks about how the FCC’s call for a Gigibit City in each state by 2015 is driving rapid change in the industry even if their is a strong belief that the
speed is not necessary.
- Broadcasters Appeal Aereo Injunction Denial To Supremes By John Eggerton, reports that broadcasters on Friday asked the Supreme Court to decide “Whether a company ‘publicly performs’ a copyrighted television program when it retransmits a broadcast of that program to thousands of paid subscribers over the Internet.
- Netflix Pursues Cable-TV Deals By Shalini Ramachandran, reports on Netflix discussions with cable MSOs to make its online video service available as an app on their set-top boxes. A deal would mark the online video service’s first such tie-up with a U.S. cable provider.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible – Sevilla Inn By Stuart Smith. M.B.A.,M.S., provides a recap of the most recent episode of Hotel Impossible and details the lessons that any hotelier can learn. This week’s show was filled with good management insights.
- Is Your Hotel As Good As You Think It Is? Part 2 By Brett Patten, points out that having all the amenities in the world will not produce the desired ROI if a hotel is unable to make a personal connection with guests.
- How Hotels Are Engineering A Better Night’s Sleep Posted on Huffingtonpost.com, discusses the lengths that some hotels are going to ensure the guests are receiving a good night’s sleep.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.
Did you like Relevant EAM CMMS, Cable, and Lodging News for 10-11-13?
Every share you make allows us to write more great stuff for you:
- It's how we prove that it's worth blogging to our bosses. Researching and writing takes serious time.
- I happen to get a free lunch for every post with 10 shares... I really like free lunch.
- The whole office gets free lunch for every post with 100 shares.
- I also like seeing our stuff on the internet. You have to admit it's really cool.