Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- The Lowdown on Data Center Downtime: Frequency, Root Causes and Costs By Emerson Network Power, summarizes the first part of a Ponemon Institute study that details the costs if Data Center outages.
- Ten Business Technology Trends You’ll Read About in 2014 By Matthew Littlefield, looks at business technology trends for 2014 including, the rise of mobility solutions, SaaS and enterprise level software platforms. All this is good news for EAM CMMS providers.
- Including Building Codes in the National Flood Insurance Program From FEMA, is an impact study for the Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance reform Act of 2012 designed to help building managers understand new statutory requirements with respect to building codes.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Cable guys: Cord-cutters live in the Bermuda Triangle with Bigfoot and E.T. By Mark Sullivan, discusses that cable MSO executives are finally admitting and talking about the impact of single service broadband customers, a fast growing segment of cord cutters.
- The American Cross Platform Media Consumer By Julianne Twining, discusses a Nilesen report indicating that the average person is spending more time than ever before consuming video on the Internet and mobile devices.
- The cable industry is imploding: What providers must do to stay alive By Alexis Caffrey, talks about the current infrastructure opportunities that cable MSOs have which is to redesign how their content is distributed using their decades old cable based networks or change from cable to fiber.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- History repeats itself in hotel design By Alicia Hoisington, writes a good article highlighting the value of renovating well maintained hotels versus building new hotels.
- ITB World Travel Trends Report: South American travel market continues to boom By ITB, looks at the numbers behind South America’s international travel overtaking of North American countries growth.
- Guests Turning Away from Traditional Hotel Luxuries By Lodging Staff, report that lifestyle hotels are prompting the change that is occurring throughout the hotel and lodging industry as travelers look more for unique experiences rather than for the same cookie cutter type stay.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.
Did you like Relevant EAM CMMS, Cable, and Lodging News for 12-06-13?
Every share you make allows us to write more great stuff for you:
- It's how we prove that it's worth blogging to our bosses. Researching and writing takes serious time.
- I happen to get a free lunch for every post with 10 shares... I really like free lunch.
- The whole office gets free lunch for every post with 100 shares.
- I also like seeing our stuff on the internet. You have to admit it's really cool.