Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- OSHA’s Top 10 Violations for 2013 Posted on buildings.com, lists the top safety violations for 2013, the list includes a mix of operational and maintenance problems that persist across many industries.
- Scientists Turn Their Gaze Toward Tiny Threats to Great Lakes By John Schwartz, writes of a growing problem of tiny plastic beads that slip though wastewater treatment plants and look like fish food. This bead pollution is starting to cause significant environmental issues.
- Strategies For Snow And Ice Management Success By Dave Lubach, Discusses why fuel consumption, equipment maintenance and training are critical aspects of snow and ice management at commercial and institutional facilities.
Cable NewsIn this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Forget Google Fiber, Think Cable Fiber By Carol Wilson, explains that cable MSOs also have the capability to provide gigabit fiber and have invested heavily in the necessary infrastructure. Left unanswered is why cable MSOs are waiting to deploy.
- Channel Master DVR+ Caters To Cord-Cutters, Over-The-Air TV Homes By Jeff Baumgartner, note a new CPE type product available to cord-cutters and cord-nevers. The device can record free over the air TV programming and can also stream video via a broadband connection.
- Aereo Fight Heats Up in DC By Alan Breznick, notes that Aereo actually wants the U.S. Supreme Court to hear the case that that cable companies and broadcast networks have brought so that closure can be brought to the many issues.
- What Super Bowl Means For Hoteliers By TrustYou, analyzes reviews from the last five Super Bowl host cities to infer what NY/NJ hotels can expect for this year’s game.
- New Caesars Report Details Company’s Significant Energy Savings from 2007 to 2012 Posted on Greenlodgingnews.com, is the first report from a U.S. company to be written in accordance with the GRI G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines CORE level. The report says that Caesars in Las Vegas achieved a 8.5 percent reduction in electricity and gas over the last 5 years which is enough to power a community of 30,000 for the same time period.
- Hilton Worldwide Launches IPO on the New York Stock Exchange By Hilton, marks Hilton’s return to the public market after decades of private ownership. The IPO was valued at more than $2.35 billion.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.