Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Office Building Performance Reported in IREM Benchmarking Study By Heidi Schwartz announcing some of the major findings published by the Institute of Real Estate Management regarding facility operating costs.
- Is Your Maintenance Immortal? By Stuart Smith MBA, MS discusses how a CMMS can substantially lengthen the useful lifecycle of assets.
- Efficient Utilitarian Truck Looks Good Posted on New and Fuel shows off the new Mercedes Bemz trailer that may be the future benchmark of fleet energy management.
Cable NewsIn this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- The Xbox Metro Update Nudges Microsoft’s Console Closer To Set-top Hedgemony By John Biggs talks about the new Xbox capabilities that will be running content from Verizon and Comcast. Look for our blog on this subject this week.
- Verizon Told To Pull FiOS ‘#1 In HD Picture Quality’ Ad Claim By Todd Spangler reports that Verizon has been asked to take down its claim of having the number one HD picture quality after the survey they performed only asked Verizon customers.
- The evolution in packet-optical transport systems By Jimmy Mizrahi cover some of the technical aspects for increasing cable MSO bandwidth capacity.
- 7 tech issues that keep your GM up at night, Patrick Mayock presents a good list of current and future technological issues that hoteliers must manage today and tomorrow.
- Things to Remember before a Technology Upgrade By Solomon James talks about how to keep a handle on hotel technology changes from the planning through implementation.
- Lift hotel standards with constant reinforcement By Patrick O’Bryan discusses why constant training is important for hotel staff to stay on top of or be updates on new standards and procedures (including maintenance management).
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.