Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- End of the World? Bah Humbug! By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., makes fun of last week’s end of the world predictions while at the same time explaining the b’ak’tun significance of the Mayan calendar.
- Look at the big picture when implementing condition monitoring By Mike Bacidore, on why condition monitoring requires a multi-dimensional solution.
- 21 Ways to take care of your home this Fall Posted as a home improvement article but 19 of the 21 items apply to facilities everywhere. The bottom line is preventive maintenance needs to be performed on a variety of facility assets.
- Saying Goodbye to a Bar Code Legend By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., reviews the history of the bar code and the passing of Joseph Woodland, one of the original inventors.
- Google sells Motorola Home cable and internet box business to Arris for $2.35 billion By Richard Lawler, covers Google’s disposal of the TV set-top box to Arris, in a move that will still give Google control of the IP library which was the original goal.
- Quantifying The Netflix Problem By Jeff Baumgartner, sheds some light on the complexities of encoding video and why it is impacting TV Anywhere.
- Maintenance Jingle Bells By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., is this year’s mangled Christmas jingle about a hotel maintenance staffer being paid overtime as a result of inspections not taking place.
- The 11th Cause for a Customer’s Complaint By Roland Wildberg, discusses a few irritating trends by hoteliers but focuses on the plethora of holiday greets that are spamming mailboxes.
- Hotel Impossible – Maui Sunseeker Resort By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., was a recap of the latest Hotel Impossible episode featuring a struggling hotel with management issues and to narrow of a marketing view.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.