Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Kick Starting Operations for the New Year By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., relates how the age old traditions of celebrating the New Year apply to asset management.
- The Top 10 Worst Smells By Heidi Schwartz, on the importance of good ventilation for removing annoying room odors which surprisingly are not the putrid smells that annoy people the most.
- 5 maintenance backlog traps to avoid By J. Stanton McGroarty, CMfgE, CMRP, discusses how well meaning workers can unintentionally derail maintenance efforts and how this can be avoided with a little management oversight.
- 5 Trends in Carrier Wi-Fi By Dan Jones, “Carrier Wi-Fi will get bigger in 2013 as operators expand their 802.11 footprints and look for smoother ways to move between hotspots and 4G.”
- Intel Is Reportedly Going To Destroy The Cable Model By Offering People The Ability To Subscribe To Individual Channels By Jay Yarow, on a Forbes report that Intel is planning on delivering it’s own set-top box and an unbundled cable service allowing subscribers to choose their programs ala carte.
- Winds of Change Blow Rural Broadband in 2013 By Carol Wilson, discusses the likelihood of consolidation in rural areas where as many as 30% of rural Telcos could disappear over the next few years.
- Lock Safety Issue Tops 2012 Hotel Stories: By Eric Stoessel, list the top hotel stories of 2012 ranging from the top deals and shake-ups to the Onity lock fiasco.
- Quick Fixes to Hotel Plumbing Problems: By Robert Kravitz, covers a few plumbing related problems that be resolved easily without the need for a plumber. Most are simply little maintenance that anyone can perform.
- Door lock security fixes run the gamut By Jason Q. Freed, looks at the latest results from the Onity lock fiasco which are just as I predicted in each of my previous articles about the issue. Bottom line is that hoteliers are running from Onity because they did not step up to the plate and own the problem.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.