Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- 7 Traits of Highly Effective Maintenance Managers By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S, talks about how to develop better maintenance teams if your organization senior management is hostile to investing in the proper tools.
- From RCA to RCM By J. Stanton McGroarty, CMfgE, CMRP, discusses how effectively managing the assets of a billion-dollar facility requires a best-practice approach utilizing all three elements of materials, purchasing, and work management.
- Facility Managers Have A New Motivational Strategy: Gamification By Ed Sullivan, suggest facility managers use gamification to engage in friendly competition to bring maintenance teams together.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Competition, High Bills Hurt Cable Companies By Neda Ulaby, is a transcript of miscellaneous subscriber reactions and plans to continuously rising cable bills. I have to admit my own son is a nevercord since he moved out and he is not alone.
- Comcast Business Services Offers Hotel Industry an All-in-One Communications Suite Comcast press release announcing new product aimed at hospitality industry designed for both guests and operations.
- Netflix Plans To Kill The Cable Industry By Destroying The Concept Of ‘Waiting’ By Megan Rose Dickey, report on yet another ambitious plan to disrupt the cable industry, this time by Netflix.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible – Periwinkle Inn By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S, discusses what is sure to be a classic case of failing to achieve buy-in at the top of an organization before executing changes.
- Revisit pool-lift policies as deadline nears By Steven Getzoff, covers the final requirements for pools and spas in order to comply with the ADA mandates. Important read for all hoteliers.
- How guests select hotels around the world – Global results By Dr. Jonathan Barsky, checks out the results of an extensive survey that suggests a customers past experience with a hotel is becoming increasingly important to their choice of hotel or casino and is now second only to location and price.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.
Did you like Relevant EAM CMMS, Cable, and Lodging News for 2-1-13?
Every share you make allows us to write more great stuff for you:
- It's how we prove that it's worth blogging to our bosses. Researching and writing takes serious time.
- I happen to get a free lunch for every post with 10 shares... I really like free lunch.
- The whole office gets free lunch for every post with 100 shares.
- I also like seeing our stuff on the internet. You have to admit it's really cool.