Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Selecting Reliability-improvement Tools By Robert Apelgren talks about how most successful programs start with the choice of one or two core tools and then add on as function and need permit.
- Living Reliability By Oscar Hoyos Vásquez provides a technical explanation of how the differences between RCM and CMMS systems can be bridged.
- The Decline of Facilities Management LinkedIn Groups By Stuart Smith MBA,MS talks about the decline of quality on LinkedIn groups.
NCTA: U.S. Shouldn’t Regulate Cable Set-Top Power Usage By Todd Spangler covers the NCTA assertion that the Department of Energy’s proposal to regulate the power consumption of set-top boxes would not save as much energy as free-market approaches the cable industry is already pursuing.
- Comcast ready to jolt electronics industry on energy awareness Posted on CED Magazine covering Mark Coblitz’s keynote speech addressing industry energy usage.
- The Hidden Cost of Device Subsidies By Cole Brodman talks about the real cost of mobile devices that is hidden in contracts and data plans and how consumers should pay full price.
- Hotel demand not impacted by oil price hikes By Shawn A. Turner talks about how a steady increase in oil prices will should not significantly affect demand for hotels in contrast to demand after spiking oil prices.
- The CIO’s Role in Business Innovation: Sustain or Disrupt? Posted by Deloitte debates the role of the CIO in relation to game changing innovation.
- DOJ extends pool act at least 60 days By The HNN editorial staff on the Department of Justice extension of compliance for hotels to have lifts permanently affixed to pools and spas for disabled people.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.