Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- The Hospital Maintenance Catch-22 By Stuart Smith MBA,MS was written for the purpose of challenging hospital administrators whom as a result of rising energy, liability and capital budget costs are trimming maintenance operations budgets or keeping them at current levels.
- Oil In a Fight With Itself Posted on New Energy and Fuel talks about the latest developments in bio-fuels that
will lower the demand for oil.
- Facility Management Careers By Ashley M. Halligan highlights the top 5 facility management careers available today.
- Colleges Need To Be Vigilant Against Bed Bugs By Heidi Schwartz talks about the maintenance challenges Universities and Colleges have with eliminating a growing bedbug problem.
- Advanced Ads: Addressable Advertising Still Faces Hurdles By Andrea Morabito talks about the challenges that addressable advertising is facing.
- Apple throws weight around in TV negotiations By Claire Atkinson talks about the difficulty Apple is having getting media companies to go along with their plans to revolutionize TV.
- The Last Days of Unlimited Broadband? By Jeff Baumgartner briefly discusses potential fallout from Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC)’s new usage-based pricing policy on broadband.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Social media brings new legal issues to hotels By Patrick Mayock covers the some of the issues facing hotel human resource departments as a result of employees use of social media including the use of social media to make hiring decisions and the monitoring of employee postings.
- Survey Looked at Barriers to Energy Efficiency Investments Posted on Green Lodging News discusses how investments in energy efficiency initiatives in four- and five-star U.S. hotels are impacted by concerns from hoteliers about building automation and control systems.
- ‘Bad times': Several major casinos saddled with heavy debt By Bill O’Driscoll talks about the growing debt burden of casino resorts that could force many into bankruptcy.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.