Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Super Efficient Truck From Improved Aerodynamics and Engine Posted on New energy and Fuel, reports on the latest test results of the super truck which could change the way trucking is done due to vast improvements in mileage, thermal and freight efficiencies.
- Where to Start? Building a World Class MRO Process Posted by Marshall Institute, outlines 9 important steps to creating a world class MRO from planning to execution.
- Report On Microgrids Predicts “Exceptional” Growth By Anne Vazquez, reviews a new report indicating 17% growth rate for the microgrid industry. Microgrids are integrated networks of power delivery systems consisting of a power generating system, storage systems, power electronics, and load.
- Verizon, Cablevision emerge as unlikely allies of cable-TV customers fed up with bundling By Cecilia Kang, is an interesting story because it has broad implications for consumers, as well as for the way television is funded and created.
- Major Cable Players Rally Around CCAP By Jeff Baumgartner, discusses how three top MSO plan on starting to deploy or trials of a super-dense cable architecture that will help converge all their services and forge a path toward IP video.
- Evolution Developing Retail Cable TV Device By Jeff Baumgartner, on the development of a new class of Ethernet-enabled Digital Transport Adapters (DTAs) will let cable operators pass encrypted TV streams on to retail devices.
- Hotel Impossible – Bromley Sun Lodge By Stuart Smith, M.B.A.,M.S., recaps the week’s episode of Hotel Impossible and what hoteliers can learn from it.
- US hotel closure analysis By Carter Wilson, on what would appear to be a bad sign for independent hoteliers as record numbers of hotels have been closing during the past decade.
- Hotel Sector Continues to Rebound By Diane Loupe, reports on what hotel leaders are saying at The Hunter Hotel Conference which is essentially that the U.S. market is still growing slowly despite a gloomy economy.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.