Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- PM Optimization as a Routine Posted by Marshall Institute, discusses the importance of establishing routines such as planned preventive maintenance and obtaining feedback in order to optimize preventive maintenance.
- What is the true function of the maintenance department? By John Thompson, is an interesting article challenging organizations to recognize that breaking down the barriers between maintenance and production, who generally have diametrically opposed incentives, is critical to the overall success of the company.
- The myth of zero downtime By Lydia Leong, is included because the basic premise of having zero downtime is a myth in every organization not just in the IT world.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Pure-Play Policy Market Is Dead By Ari Banerjee, covers why more and more service providers are looking to vendors that can include policy as part of charging and billing to enable a more flexible array of service plans.
- Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel’s New Set-Top Box Reference Kit By Brouady, on how this patented (WII like) technology helps operators who are seeking better and innovative ways to help consumers find and navigate shows and applications.
- Supreme Court rules for Comcast in class action By Jonathan Stempel, reports on a recent Supreme Court decision in favor of Comcast that will affect how class actions are handled are determined.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible 2nd Season Recap, Lessons Learned By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS, looks back at the entire 2nd season of Hotel Impossible to find a pattern of problems caused by a lack of hotel experience and hotel leadership.
- Online is Yesterday, Mobile is Today, Declares TripAdvisor’s Bruno Posted on 4hotelirs.com, is included because it is important that hoteliers understand that mobility is changing the way business is done.
- Hotel Impossible – Western Riviera By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS, analyzes the show’s final episode to reveal another case of how a lack of hotel ownership experience threatens the survival of a hotel.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.
Did you like Relevant EAM CMMS, Cable, and Lodging News for 3-29-13?
Every share you make allows us to write more great stuff for you:
- It's how we prove that it's worth blogging to our bosses. Researching and writing takes serious time.
- I happen to get a free lunch for every post with 10 shares... I really like free lunch.
- The whole office gets free lunch for every post with 100 shares.
- I also like seeing our stuff on the internet. You have to admit it's really cool.