Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- 3 ways to upgrade your CMMS for 79 cents By J. Stanton McGroarty, CMfgE, CMRP, writes an excellent short post on how the use of cheap red pen can make a huge difference in helping maintenance managers understand and improve operations.
- Moving Intelligence into Water management By Bettina Tratz-Ryan, discusses why in larger cities water management is no longer an operations issue of managing physical infrastructure, but rather how assets in the water network’s hydrological cycle function together.
- CMMS: 50 questions before computerization By Joel Levitt, provides a checklist of questions that should be asked and answered before making the decision to implement a CMMS system that in essence make you review your entire system before going forward.
- Are Cable Subscribers The Walking Dead? By Stuart Smith M.B.A, M.S., compares the cable industry challenges of just three years ago to the major issues that cable MSOs face today.
- Time Warner Cable Austin fights Google Fiber with free WiFi By Steve Donohue, reports on TWC effort to combat Google Fiber in Austin, TX by offering free by offering free Wi-Fi access to subscribers and low cost access to non-subscribers.
- Here Comes the Death of Triple Play and Cable VoIP By Karl Bode, is included because it points out that subscribers are changing and is consistent with my article listed above.
- Ensuring Guest Safety in Hotels By Ranjit Gunewardane, covers a few best practices for handling utility outages most importantly through adequate preparation.
- Increase Guest Value without Cutting Rates By Market Metrix, provides an interesting look at 4 guest satisfaction factors (room lighting, Internet access, comfort of bed and cleanliness) that are relatively inexpensive to implement.
- Starwood CEO: Yesterday’s luxury is tomorrow’s necessity By Tricia Carr, explains why technology is not only changing the expectations of luxury consumers, but it is redefining the industry by elevating guest expectations.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.