Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- 4 phases of reliability-centered lubrication By Stacy Heston talks about the different lubrication strategies needed in order to obtain the highest return on maintenance investment.
- 10 Keys to Successful CMMS Implementation By Kris Bagadia on how not to be part of the 80% of failed CMMS implementations.
- The Best of April Fools 2012 By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS selects the top 15 April Fool’s post for 2012.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Comcast Sizes Up All-IP Set-Top By Jeff Baumgartner reports on the new X3 device capable of running the Comcast cloud-based navigation system.
- Over 1 Million U.S. Cable Subscribers Cut Cord in 2011 By Daniel Frankel reports on the Convergence Consulting report that over 2,65 million Americans cut their cords to cable between 2008-2011.
- Big Media Tussles With Tiny Boxee Over the Future of TV By Mark Milian talks about the uphill struggle of Boxee to provide cable services.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Is Pinterest a Double-Edged Sword for Hotels and Resorts By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS discusses the new social media Pinterest and how it could affect hotel and resort image.
- Sustainability goes mainstream By Eric Ricaurte defines Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and its adoption into mainstream of industry.
- Big Data – Big Opportunity or Big Headache? By Jonathan Byrnes discusses the mountains of information that will soon be available to hotel managers. Their preparation and how they handle this information could well determine their survival.
- Increasing Efficiency in Hotel Laundries By Bill Brooks covers how advanced controls and maintenance can save significant amounts of operating expenses.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.
Did you like Relevant EAM CMMS, Cable, and Lodging News for 4-6-2012?
Every share you make allows us to write more great stuff for you:
- It's how we prove that it's worth blogging to our bosses. Researching and writing takes serious time.
- I happen to get a free lunch for every post with 10 shares... I really like free lunch.
- The whole office gets free lunch for every post with 100 shares.
- I also like seeing our stuff on the internet. You have to admit it's really cool.