Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Spring Cleaning: Asphalt Roofing Tips By Anne Vazquez cites the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA) with 10 tips to consider when conducting a roof audit this spring.
- Saving Time and Money with Condition Monitoring By Andy Gailey discusses how condition based monitoring used in conjunction with a CMMS can additional time and money.
- Transcendent Enhancements 2nd Quarter 2012 By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS covers the highlights of the latest release of Transcendent including the addition of a state-of-the-art online help feature as well several other enhancements increasing application response 5-30 times.
- Why the Future of Cable Operations is Service By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS talks about how changes in set-top technology, social attitudes, content wars and net neutrality issues are changing the way cable MSOs are handling their operations.
- NCTA Chairman Michael Powell fears heavy regulation of Internet By Joe Flint reports on comments made by Michael Powell former FCC Chair and now head of NCTA regarding his lobby’s fear over regulation of the Internet.
- The Free Ride Is Over For Streaming Video By Ryan Lawler discussing how cable MSOs and telecoms are moving away from data caps and charging users based upon usage.
- Experts review shut-door housekeeping policies By Stephanie Wharton is an interesting article on the
dilemma hotel management faces in ensuring the housekeeping staff is safe in view of the increased number of attacks on staff last year.
- Guests Do Have to Follow The Rules At Times By Catherine Tuttle shares a list of 5 etiquette rules for guest to follow that will unfortunately not be read by guests and remain just the hope of hotel staff.
- Hotel Impossible Highlights Forgotten Maintenance By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS talks about the common thread in Hotel Impossible episodes that can be resolved if a hotel makes use of CMMS.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.