Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- How a Government Politician Can Be a Hero By Stuart Smith M.B.A.,M.S, presents a logical solution to the problem of closing and/or caring for unused military and government facilities.
- Commercial Real Estate Sectors Steadily Improve By Heidi Schwartz, reviews a report from the National Association of Realtors indicating that commercial real estate is slowly buy surely on the rebound.
- Energy Saver: Improve Water Quality By Ven V. Venkatesan, discusses water quality and energy saving tips for facilities and plants that have substantial water consumption.
- Cable TV Still Locked to the Box By Todd Spangler, presents the case that the cable TV set-top box will still be around for a while as cable MSOs continue to enhance the bells and whistles available including app access in an effort to expand their gateway services.
- Preparing for Hurricane Season By David Turetsky, talks about the ways the FCC is being proactive to ensure communications access during major storm events.
- Cable Show 2013: Comcast Turns Wireless Gateways Into Neighborhood Wi-Fi Hotspots By Jeff Baumgartner, reports on Comcast’s effort to push ahead with an aggressive initiative to create “millions” of Wi-Fi neighborhood hotspots in DOCSIS-powered wireless gateways deployed in customer homes.
- Hotels copy airlines’ no-frills approach By Quentin Fottrell, on why value price brands have been expanding. At the heart of the issue is a growing segmentation between the types of travelers frequenting hotels.
- Revenue versus marginal profitability: what is the true value of the customer? By Ritesh Gupta, questions what the true worth of distribution channels is worth when considering the various margins low-rated and high-rated customers.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.