Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Anticipating The Lead-Free Plumbing Products Law By Anne Vazquez, writes that the general language has professionals in the plumbing and water systems industries wondering who could be held liable for the distribution or installation of products that do not meet the new standard.
- Smart Technology Helping Food Plant Operators Improve Communication By Chris Bacon, reports about how smartphones are now an integral part of plant operations as they are being used to push and pull information for faster response times and analysis making plant workers more efficient and effective.
- How to calculate your maintenance backlog By J. Stanton McGroarty, discusses how to calculate backlog and the importance of realizing backlog is used as meaning available work. It does not matter whether the work is behind schedule or urgent.
- Is cable holding back superfast broadband adoption on purpose? By Marguerite Reardon, is an excellent article on the differences between Google and cable companies when discussing data speeds, how they are marketed and why.
- Cable TV’s Bold Play to Buy Loyalty (Analysis) By Alex Ben Block, is a very good article on the changes cable MSOs are making in there video platforms to support new technologies to meet consumer demands of multiple content viewing devices.
- Cable Using Wi-Fi to Extend Its Reach By Craig Leddy, reports on cable MSOs aggressive deployment of public Wi-Fi hotspots designed to provide free wireless broadband service and establish a wireless presence thus extending its role in video, high-speed Internet, business services.
- Hotel Energy Cash Drains By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., discusses how important proactive maintenance (planning, staffing and technology) is when it comes to controlling hotel energy costs.
- The Rise and Fall of Room Service By Melanie Nayer, reports on Hilton Hotel’s announcement that it will discontinue room service. Hilton claims it is part of evolving but you have to wonder how guest and potential guest will react.
- Hotels Come Together on Carbon Footprint Posted on SustainableBusiness.com, on how 23 global hotel companies put their competition aside to develop a standard way to measure their carbon footprint.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.