Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Asset Inspections After Tropical Storm Debby By Stuart Smith MBA, MS discusses the importance of having and using a checklist during storm season. The story was particularly critical as Tropical Storm Debby punished Florida for almost a week.
- How often should PM strategies and tasks be reviewed? Posted by Marshall Institute talks about 3 different processes an organization should have to support preventive maintenance reviews.
- 4 must-have maintenance roles — Part II By David Berger, P.Eng. explores key maintenance roles and how to deal effectively with multiple roles, especially in smaller maintenance shops and across multiple shifts in larger companies.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Congress inspects data caps, online video rules By Cecilia Kang on the latest developments of usage-based pricing being debated in the House Communications and Technology Subcommittee hearing regarding the future of video.
- Comcast, Boxee Hammer Out Crypto Deal By Todd Spangler makes this week’s list simply because it shows that cable MSOs are willing to adjust their business models when necessary. Comcast and Boxee had a very public debate.
- Dish Network Drops Home of ‘Mad Men’ By Brian Stelter makes the list because it Dish’s decision can only strengthen the competitive cable MSO market position.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Is Bad Restaurant Maintenance Driving Hotel Guests Away By Stuart Smith MBA, MS urges hotel managers to make sure their restaurant facilities are being maintained properly to avoid potential guest from turning away after a bad experience in the restaurant.
- VingCard introduces the world’s first invisible door lock By VingCard makes this week’s list for innovation of what will sure to be the future hotel locking systems.
- Hotel Impossible Newport Inn By Stuart Smith MBA, MS recaps the latest show episode which centered around a hotel almost in ruins due to a lack of maintenance.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.
Did you like Relevant EAM CMMS, Cable, and Lodging News for 6-29-2012?
Every share you make allows us to write more great stuff for you:
- It's how we prove that it's worth blogging to our bosses. Researching and writing takes serious time.
- I happen to get a free lunch for every post with 10 shares... I really like free lunch.
- The whole office gets free lunch for every post with 100 shares.
- I also like seeing our stuff on the internet. You have to admit it's really cool.