Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section, we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Amazing But Horrific Week of Disasters By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., reviews the week’s major disasters that demonstrate the power of nature and how the failure to observe proper maintenance procedures can have horrific consequences.
- Safety Preparedness, Perception Versus Fact? By Bob Risk, suggest a number of precautions that facility managers should take to prepare for emergencies and prevent accidents.
- How to configure CMMS tools to fit the needs of your plant By David Berger, P.Eng., discusses why organizations should align maintenance processes with CMMS functionality.
- TiVo Unveils Full Family of Set Top Boxes for Comprehensive Whole Home Solution Press release announcing the debut of TiVo Premiere Q, the company’s first-ever quad-tuner gateway set-top box, and TiVo Preview, its first non-DVR HD set-top box.
- Cablevision Taps Humax, Samsung for Next-Gen Box By Jeff Baumgartner, reports that Cablevision will start deploying the new set-top utilizing HTML5 and an array of cloud-based services and applications.
- Charter CEO Rutledge sees consolidation leaving the industry with 2 major MSOs By Steve Donohue, highlights a WSJ story suggesting that the cable industry will see a wave of merger leaving just 2 major players )Comcast and one other).
- Mobile Check-in Heats Up; What’s Next is Any Guest’s Guess By Melanie Nayer, reviews Marriott International’s announcement of the biggest mobile check-in rollout in the industry enabling the guest to walk right up to mobile check-in desk and collect their room key.
- Seven Hidden Risks of running a Restaurant and their Solutions By Shail Barot, provides a very good Do and Don’t list that can be applied to other hotel areas beyond the restaurant
- Pop-up hotels: Catch them while you can By Daisy Carrington, covers the proliferation in the number of pop-up hotels which can be housed in anything from tepees to old shipping containers.