Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Follow-up is Key for Greater Efficiency By Kris Bagadia focuses on the getting the most out of your CMMS means that you the data collected is analyzed and turned into an action plan for improvement.
- Duke and Progress Energy Become Largest U.S. Utility By Matthew Wald reports on the merger between the power companies that has resulted in the largest electric utility company in the USA.
- Make the most of your infrared thermography initiatives By J. Stanton McGroarty, CMfgE, CMRP talks about the obstacles for effective PdM initiatives including which center around the lack of training and support in order to be effective.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Cable TV Firms Step Up Bidding For Sports Content By Reinhardt Krause on how cable MSOs are locking in subscribers with sports fare as competition mounts with online streaming video and consumer viewing habits shift.
- Cable’s new business drama Posted in the Los Angeles Times suggests that the dispute
between satellite cable operators and media giants is long overdue in order to curb costs that can be passed onto consumers.
- DirecTV, Viacom standoff affecting 20 million customers heads into uncharted territory By Erin Kim and Julianne Pepitone talk about one of the largest and longest ongoing disputes and its affects.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Treat Hotel Guest Like Royalty By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS discusses why customer service is crucial to hotel cash flow as well branding.
- Charlotte, Tampa prepare for political summits By Jason Freed starts to give some preliminary results for hoteliers in Tampa and Charlotte including an acceleration of capital improvements at many hotels as they prepare for the upcoming political conventions.
- Customer Engagement and Brand Vulnerability By Vijay Dandapani summarizes a McKinsey & Company report which suggest hoteliers focus on 5 areas to combat how guests use the internet to book, review and rate hotels.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.
Did you like Relevant EAM CMMS, Cable, and Lodging News for 7-20-2012?
Every share you make allows us to write more great stuff for you:
- It's how we prove that it's worth blogging to our bosses. Researching and writing takes serious time.
- I happen to get a free lunch for every post with 10 shares... I really like free lunch.
- The whole office gets free lunch for every post with 100 shares.
- I also like seeing our stuff on the internet. You have to admit it's really cool.