Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Know what’s in your CMMS contract before you sign By David Berger, P.Eng, shares his expertise on key elements of a CMMS contract. Critical elements include making sure the vendor understands your business, warranty vs. maintenance, and payment terms.
- Why the majority of CMMS System Implementations Fail Posted article suggests that CMMS, ERP and IWMS implementations fail because they do not contain a standardized cost database for comparisons.
- Incidents Caused by Degraded Capacitors Prompt NRC Notice to Nuclear Plants Posted on Nuclearstreet cites regulator encouragement to nuclear plants to review replacement schedules for capacitors after a growing number of incidents. The cause being degradation of capacitors which often have a life expectancy for 10 years but are being used for 20 plus years.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Super fast fiber for Kansas City By Milo Medin (Google VP) on the announcement of Google Fiber which can be used to access the internet and TV setting the stage for competing with cable MSOs.
- NCTA Statement Regarding FCC Decision in Tennis Channel v. Comcast Carriage Dispute is the cables industries response to a FCC decision forcing Comcast to carry the Tennis Channel a set way.
- Cable Wars: Why Viacom and DirecTV’s Fight Was Just the Beginning By Kenneth Ziffren explains that the recent public disputes will only increase in numbers as retran deals are coming to their conclusion.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- 2012 NORTH AMERICA HOTEL GUEST SATISFACTION INDEX STUDY J.D. Power and Associates press release on hotel guest satisfaction in North America indicating that satisfaction with hotel facilities, rooms and services is at its lowest level since 2006.
- Six Questions Hoteliers Should Ask to Evaluate Sustainable Technologies By Kevin A. Goldstein discusses six issues to be considered by hotel management to avoid ending up with non-performing equipment.
- Waldorf Astoria Hotels Roll Out The Red Carpet With New Personal Concierge Services By Melanie Nayer reports on Waldorf Astoria Hotels upping the ante on guest services perhaps in response to their latest ranking by J.D. Power and Associates in the article above.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.
Did you like Relevant EAM CMMS, Cable, and Lodging News for 7-23-012?
Every share you make allows us to write more great stuff for you:
- It's how we prove that it's worth blogging to our bosses. Researching and writing takes serious time.
- I happen to get a free lunch for every post with 10 shares... I really like free lunch.
- The whole office gets free lunch for every post with 100 shares.
- I also like seeing our stuff on the internet. You have to admit it's really cool.