Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Installing, Retrofitting, or Upgrading Intelligent Building Systems Posted on BOMI International covers the benefits and the costs of upgrading to an intelligent building system.
- How should area maintenance teams prepare for a shutdown or turnaround? By J. Stanton McGroarty, CMRP, CMfgE, answers this question very succinctly adding that shutdowns are the ideal time for maintenance crews to schedule work on things they normally can’t do when machines are operating.
- Major Advance Made in Generating Electricity from Wastewater News release from the University of Oregon, on a breakthrough that can produce 10-50 times more electricity using microbial fuel cells from wastewater.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Why Amdocs Is ‘Seeing’ Microsoft By Ray Le Maistre, covers Amdocs recent cross licensing agreement for IP with Microsoft. As one of the major billing systems in the cable industry their development suggests watching.
- Apple Said To Talk With Cable Industry About Set-Top Box By Alex Sherman and Adam Satariano, review the latest news on Apple’s bid to enter the content market to set the stage for its set-top box.
- Broadband battle hits rural areas By Jim Spencer and Larry Oakes, is an interesting story being repeated across the country. It leaves you wondering who has the best interest of the consumer in mind.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible Season Recap, Hotel Lessons Learned By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS, reviews how poor hotel management was the main cause of the issues found throughout the first season of Hotel Impossible. The article then talks about the impact that this had on housekeeping, maintenance and marketing.
- 5 ways to turn around distressed hotels By Steve Van, reinforces the lessons learned from the article above as he recognizes that the employees are not the people to be blamed for a turnaround rather it is the responsibility of the GM to step up with the right energy and attitude (along with a plan of course).
- Melding Hotel Asset Management and Conservation Ideas By Dave, provides some useful tips for how to work toward hotel sustainability using a combination of conservation and
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.
Did you like Relevant EAM CMMS, Cable, and Lodging News for 8-17-12?
Every share you make allows us to write more great stuff for you:
- It's how we prove that it's worth blogging to our bosses. Researching and writing takes serious time.
- I happen to get a free lunch for every post with 10 shares... I really like free lunch.
- The whole office gets free lunch for every post with 100 shares.
- I also like seeing our stuff on the internet. You have to admit it's really cool.