Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- First WaterSense Labeled Product Available for Commercial Kitchens By Dale Kemery, breaks down the EPA press release announcing that Watersense labeled products are now available for restaurants. The new device is a pre-rinse spray valve and will certainly be used my mainstream Americas soon
- The HVAC Factor: Spiral Round Ductwork By Gene Smithart, P.E., LEED AP, reports on the advantages of spiral duct work over rectangular ductwork including , less leakage, better energy efficiency and higher air velocities.
- 4 tips on boilers By James Piper, provides four tips that impact the efficiency and effectiveness of boilers including retro commissioning, repair or replacement decisions, use of safety devices and water treatment.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Why Time Warner Cable and Charter may not be ready to quit NCTA By Steve Donohue, brings to light the growing differences that TWC and Charter have with the NCTA. Ultimately, they must decide if membership with NCTA is cost effective which at the moment looks like a marginal decision.
- Cable Dominates Emmy Winners By R. Thomas Umstead, reviews last night’s Emmy winners and finds that the majority of winners are not from the broadcast networks and reflects the increasing influence of original cable programming. In my opinion, this will ultimately weaken demands for higher retrans fees from the broadcast networks.
- Going Deeper With IP By Mari Silbey, takes a look at what is beyond the Cable Converged Access Platform (CCAP) technology such as the use of remote PHY architecture.
- Hotel Impossible – Holbrooke Hotel By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S, reviews what hoteliers can learn from the episode featuring the Holbrooke Hotel. Most notably is that hotel experience alone is not the only management skill factor needed to run a successful hotel operation.
- Limit your liability when serving alcohol By Shawn Rogers, discusses why staff has a difficult time with trying to prevent guest from consuming alcohol and the liability that is then cast upon the hotel should an accident occur.
- The Small Guests Who Do Not Pay By Roland Wildberg, talks about why hotels needs a quick and efficient system for reporting bug problems; noting the importance of a speedy response in hotels of all ratings and quality.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.